For those people who really don’t like the feel of polyester the Aurora range of bags will be very welcome. With their 100% cotton flannel lining and even a polycotton outer they feel much like your duvet back home. This XL model takes a single sleeping bag and then extends it to 105 x 235 meaning there is lots more room to move around.
Premium Dual Layer Construction
Dual layer construction is a premium manufacturing technique which creates a more thermally efficient sleeping bag. Rather than using a single layer of insulation which is sewn onto the outside shell of the bag, dual layer construction uses two layers of insulation in the bag which are sewn into the inner and outer shells. The Aurora XL Single utilizes two 175 g/m² layers of Vango’s Grade A insulation.
By offsetting the sewing patterns this method overcomes the cool spots and thermal leak you can get where the stitching squeezes the insulation together stopping it from trapping air and keeping the user warm. An added benefit is the creation of an additional layer of air between the two layers of insulation creating more warmth without adding any bulk when packed away.
Other Key Features
- Oversized XL SIzing – 105cm wide and 235cm long makes lots of room to move around
- 100% Cotton Flannel Lining – ultra comfortable cotton inner lining with an eye catching check pattern
- Polycotton (30% Cotton / 70% Polyester) Outer – soft and durable polycotton outer material which is ultra quiet when you move around in your sleep
- Offset Double Layer Construction – 2 separate layers of insulation are stitched in different places to make sure that there isn’t any cold spots where the stitching stops the filling from expanding
- 3 Season Rating – with a comfort rating of 2 degrees this can be used in Spring & Autumn as well as summer
- Integrated Head Rest – extra filling is placed in the head area for a quick pillow or pillow raiser