This bestselling king size double sleeping bag from Vango features a luxurious 100% cotton inner which is a rarity in sleeping bags. Even the outer is polycotton making a bag that feels like your duvet back home.
Premium Dual Layer Construction
Dual layer construction is a premium manufacturing technique which creates a more thermally efficient sleeping bag. Rather than using a single layer of insulation which is sewn onto the outside shell of the bag, dual layer construction uses two layers of insulation in the bag which are sewn into the inner and outer shells. The Aurora Double utilizes two 175 g/m² layers of Vango’s Grade A insulation.
By offsetting the sewing patterns this method overcomes the cool spots and thermal leak you can get where the stitching squeezes the insulation together stopping it from trapping air and keeping the user warm. An added benefit is the creation of an additional layer of air between the two layers of insulation creating more warmth without adding any bulk when packed away.
Other Key Features
- Luxury 100% Cotton Inner – a rarity these days with most sleeping bags being brushed polyester
- Polycotton Outer – feels like a duvet for a cosy comfortable feel without any crinkly noises during movement
- XL Double Size – wider and longer than standard double sleeping bags
- 3 Season Rating – with a comfort rating of 2 degrees this can be used in Spring & Autumn as well as summer
- Integrated Head Rest – extra filling is placed in the head area for a quick pillow or pillow raiser
- Auto-Lock Two-Way Zip – stops the zip from coming loose when you move around in the night
- Insulated Zip Baffle & Guard – stops any drafts from coming through the zipper during the night and stops the zip from jamming or catching
- Offset Double Layer Construction – 2 separate layers of insulation are stitched in different places to make sure that there isn’t any cold spots where the stitching stops the filling from expanding
- Compression Carry Bag – to help you pack the sleeping bag down smaller
- Create Two Singles – can be zipped apart to make two single sleeping bags when needed