The Microlite range offer a ultralight and compact sleeping bag which also has eco credentials with recycled materials used for the outer and inner materials and insulation. At only 860 grams it provides a comfort rating of 10 degrees. Includes many technical features to increase warmth without bulk including thermal embrace, 3D hood & omega shaping.
The Microlite range is part of Vango’s Earth collection which uses recycled fabrics throughout its design. The Microlite 100’s outer shell uses a new recycled ripstop polyester which has an incredibly fine weave of 20D 400T giving it an ultralight silk-like feel. A diamond ripstop finish adds additional damage protection to the material and adds a technical look. To keep the weight down they have also opted to use a fine weave recycled polyester for the inner material which keeps the soft silk-like feel throughout the whole bag.
High Grade Insulation
For insulation Vango have produced a recycled version of its 4T synthetic insulation which is a high loft 4 hole fill with a patented channel structure to trap more air without creating bulk when packed away. The tri-lateral construction creates a floating layer of insulation without stitching passed through it which reduces cold spots. The insulation is designed to perform in all weathers even when wet.
Key Technical Features
- Thermal Embrace – the stitching on the internal shell of the bag uses elastic thread so it hugs the body when you are inside. This reduces air space increasing the thermal ability of the bag without needing additional insulation
- Omega Shaping – taking the traditional mummy shaping to another level, omega shaping has been engineered to position zips and seams in the lower section of the bag. It is also designed to shape better around the head and shoulders at the top of the bag
- 3D Hood With Multi Cord Closure – the shaped hood gives a better fit around the head which reduces cold air space. It has two cords to tension the hood (top and bottom) and one has a flat cord and one rounded so you can adjust in the dark without worries
- 3D Zip & Shoulder Baffles – for heat retention the bag utilises insulated baffles to cover the zips and also around the shoulders to contain warmth. The shoulder baffle can be tightened with the integral cord for a better fit. The zip baffle also includes a zip guard to protect against snagging when zipping up and down
- Arrow Foot Shaping – for a more conformed fit when sleeping the arrow foot design follows the upright contours of your feet when laid down
- Full Length Two-Way Auto-Lock Zip – only opens when you want it to and can be used from the inside and outside of the bag. An additional zip at the base allows you to open the bag for additional ventilation in warmer weather
- Internal Pocket – ideal for storing your phone, gps, car keys or torch so they are safe at hand when you need them
Pack Size & Storage
With a 3season rating the Microlite 100 packs down to just 24 x 17cm and weighs only 860 grams. The quality capped compression sack allows you to shrink this size down even further without the risk of causing damage to the strapping which can happen with traditional compression sacks.